4 pounds pork tenderloin or loin
1 onion chopped
6 cloves garlic minced
2 jalapeño chopped
4 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 cup orange juice
Pork Tenderloin Rub
2 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano
4 teaspoons ground cumin
2 tablespoon olive oil
- Pat dry pork tenderloin with paper towels. Combine rub ingredients and rub all over tenderloin then place in your slow cooker.
- Top with remaining ingredients, cover, and cook on high for 4-6 hours. When done, the meat will be cooked through and very tender, easily separated with a fork.
- Remove the tenderloin from the slow cooker and shred the meat with two forks. Do not discard juices.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add enough carnitas to cover the surface without crowding and ladle a little of the carnitas juice over. Cook until juice has evaporated and bottom of carnitas is crispy and browned. Flip and cook briefly, but not until too brown.
- Remove from skillet and drizzle with a little more juice. Serve.